quarta-feira, 25 de abril de 2018

Rosa Parks mini Biography

Resultado de imagem para rosa parks
Rosa Louise McCauley Parks was born in Alabama on 4th February 1913. She was an African American activist. In 1955, there was bus segregation in the USA – the buses had separate parts for black and white people. One day, Rosa was on a bus and a white man wanted to sit down, but there weren’t seats in the white part. He wanted Rosa’s place. Because she said ‘no’ to the white man, she went to prison. This was a very important symbol in the fight for civil rights in the United States. After that, Rosa worked with Martin Luther King and other leaders of the Civil Rights Movement
and together they fought for equal rights for black people. Rosa said: “People think I said ‘no’ to the bus driver because I was tired after a hard day at work. I was not tired physically, I was not old, I was only forty-two. I was tired of living like that, that’s all.”

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário